This should not affect any Photo Effects updates. However, I’m providing this notice as reported on MacRumors just in case:
Apple’s App Store is apparently pushing out corrupted app binaries of a number of different applications to users. The issue, which renders the apps unusable, has apparently been triggered on app updates approved over the past few days.
Characterizations of this issue:
– The app crashes immediately on launch, every time, even after a delete and reinstall as long as the corrupt file is being served by the App Store.
– It doesn’t even show the Default.png before crashing. Just a split-second of a partial fade to black, then back to Springboard.
– It may only affect customers in some regions.
– If updating from iTunes, some customers might get a dialog citing error 8324 or 8326.
– Mac apps might show this dialog: “[App] is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete [App] and download it again from the App Store.”
– The console might show: AppleFairplayTextCrypterSession::fairplayOpen() failed, error -42110
For those who already downloaded corrupted versions of affected apps, the apps must be deleted and reinstalled.